- Make sure that the bank branch matches the check you have in hand.
- Check to make sure that the check you have has been properly printed (e.g. signature should appear on the check's signature line and not floating above it).
- Bring two forms of identification to the branch so they can verify your identity.
- Once you pick up your check, wait 2 hours before cashing your check. This is required processing time in order to authorize the check.
- If a bank is unable to verify the check, direct them to the check verification number at the bottom of the check: 888-445-8299
IMPORTANT: If the bank is requiring you to open a bank account before cashing your check, please email us at email@example.com immediately with the following details:
- Bank name and address
- Banker's name and position, if available (e.g. teller, branch manager, etc.)
- Your name, email address and phone number
- The check number
- A description of the issue and the reason they gave for turning you away